Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm 6 weeks and 2 days preg .I had a sono and they told me that I have a cyst on my ovary the size of a plum.

Should I be worried is this serious ?

I'm 6 weeks and 2 days preg .I had a sono and they told me that I have a cyst on my ovary the size of a plum.
I have two ovarian cysts...one on each ovary. They took the "wait and see" approach. I am still waiting and have another ultrasound in July. They told me if they don't cause alot of pain, then they like to wait and see if they go away on there own. Infact, 90% of them do. I am ttc and my doctor said if I did happen to get preggo with cysts on my ovaries and they did not go away (only 10% chance). Then they would just wait until after the baby is born and then do laprascopic surgery to remove them. She made it sound like NO big deal. I was scared Sh!tless when i found out so I know how you feel. Only time to be concerned is if you have SEVERE pain. You have to watch them b/c they can rupture and that could be serious. Otherwise, it should just dissolve. Hope I helped.
Reply:Don't get worked up about it. I am 8 weeks and have one also - my doctor said they go away with time .. and if they do not they will deal with it then. Usually not a big deal..

internet explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment