Monday, January 30, 2012

I have a plum tree and there is a big hole in the side and its full of wood lice how do i get rid of them?

I wouldn't worry, woodlice only eat dead plant matter, not living tissue. Like maggots on animal flesh. The problem is what caused the decaying wood to start with? Plums are short lived with soft wood prone to disease and yours may have reached old age. Until you find the underling cause, I would leave them, they may be doing more good than harm. RScott

I have a plum tree and there is a big hole in the side and its full of wood lice how do i get rid of them?
I have that exact same problem only mine is an apple tree. I have not managed to Find anything. you used to get this black tarry stuff that you painted on the branches after you pruned the tree and I think that would have done the job problem is a lot of stuff you can'#t get a hold of any more because of an EU ruling.
Reply:probably will have to cut down the tree since you have wood lice. Or call a tree expert (arborist).


No comments:

Post a Comment